Meet Dr. Pezzollo
Dr. Gene Pezzollo is a native New Yorker. Born and raised in Queens, he earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Fordham University in the Bronx, attended graduate school for Gross Anatomy at the New York University School of Medicine, eventually obtaining his degree as Doctor of Dental Medicine from Fairleigh Dickinson University. After graduation he served as intern, resident and chief resident in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Brooklyn Hospital and entered private practice in 1983.
Dr. Pezzollo’s professional interests are diverse and varied. He has taught Gross Human Anatomy and Histology on the graduate level. He has been an Assistant Clinical Professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Anesthesia at Fairleigh Dickinson University’s School of Dental Medicine and has served as a consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery for the New York State Education Department’s Office of Professional Discipline. In addition he has contributed to the educations and training of hundreds of residents in oral and maxillofacial surgery and general dentistry while serving as a voluntary attending at the following hospitals: The Brooklyn Hospital, North Shore University Hospital, Long Island Jewish Hospital, St. Vincent’s Hospital and Nassau University Medical Center.
While Dr. Pezzollo continues to practice the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, his interests lie primarily in ambulatory/office procedures such as dental alveolar surgery/extractions, dental implants and bone grafting, oral medicine and oral pathology.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Assocation
- New York State Dental Society
- New York State Dental Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Nassau County Dental Society
CURRENT HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONS:
- North Shore University Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Hospital
- The Brooklyn Hospital Center