Meet Dr. Rastegar
Dr. Rodney Rastegar was born and raised in Peoria, Illinois. He earned his bachelor of Liberal Arts in Economics with a minor in Biology and Chemistry from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1992. He went on to the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry where he obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree and graduated in the top 10% of his class in 1996. After graduation he served as intern, resident, and chief resident at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. The Albert Einstein College of Medicine-Montefiore Medical Center having a world renowned Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery program afforded Dr. Rastegar exposure to and experiences in all facets of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at very elevated levels. Upon completion of his residency in 2000, Dr. Rastegar entered into private practice with Dr. Gene Pezzollo. Over the years they have developed a symbiotic partnership which continues to thrive to this day.
Dr. Rastegar is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and a Fellow of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. To keep abreast of the latest developments in his specialty, Dr. Rastegar has always exceeded the continuing education requirements of New York State. He has devoted his professional career to all aspects of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and continues to practice its full score. Dr. Rastegar’s special interests lie in the rehabilitation of the jaws with dental implants and the reconstruction/grafting of the jaws for the placement of dental implants.
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Society
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Nassau County Dental Society
- North Shore University Hospital – Manhasset, NY
- Long Island Jewish Hospital – New Hyde Park, NY